UX Designers improve the users experience of Mutual of Omaha’s digital properties. Captivated by understanding and serving as a champion for the user in every discussion and at every decision point. You will design, facilitate, and analyze various user research activities, including but not limited to user testing, interviews, and observations.
You will also leverage user research insights and business strategy requirements to create innovate interactive web/mobile/tablet application design concepts and drive them to completion. High empathy for users and drive to solve problems to help users accomplish their goals. If you have strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills, intense curiosity and determination to improve experiences. Join the team who makes it possible.
What You’ll Do:
- Design task analysis, user flows and stories, navigation, content hierarchies, interaction design, and functioning prototypes
- Create personas, user flows, empathy maps, journey maps, experience maps, information architecture and other documents to communicate research findings
- Understand digital accessibility and design using best practices for ADA compliance to ensure that designs and code provide
- Collaborate with UX Visual Designers and Developers to solve UX issues with layout and functionality-based solutions
- Advocate for users across the organization and communicate the value and principles of user-centered design
- Build interactive prototypes for usability studies
- An awesome portfolio. Applications will not be considered without one
- 3+ years hands-on experience as UX Designer, preferably as a member of UX team(s)
- 2+ years hands-on experience in UX design, UX research or UX interaction design
- Experienced with creating and conducting moderated and unmoderated usability studies
- Able to lead creation of user personas, experience maps, and information architecture
- Fluent in responsive design
- Designed for and executed across multiple interfaces, platforms and channels (Web, email, mobile, social media)
- Familiar with ADA compliance requirements
- Communicates ideas through effective storytelling with sketches, wireframes, comps and prototypes
- Experienced with common design software (Adobe products, Sketch, InVision, Keynote/PPT for the creation of IXD artifacts, documentation, and presentations -or- fluency with Photoshop and Illustrator or Sketch
- Able to run with digital analytics
- Understands branding as it relates to user experience
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning
- Help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization
- Value different ideas and opinions
- Listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field
- Google Analytics or other Web analytics solutions (Coremetrics, Adobe Analytics/SiteCatalyst, Webtrends)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience designing for mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- Interest and participation in professional industry groups, conferences
What Can We offer You:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Salary Range: $71,350 - $114,170.
- Pay commensurate with experience.
Mutual Of Omaha:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future. Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.